Tuesday 18 June 2013

How To Throw A Birthday Bash On A Budget

I love birthdays. To me there’s something wonderful about celebrating the blessing of life.  Each year we have been blessed to be on this earth: to have friendships, relationships, opportunities and experiences.  Whether it’s a child’s birthday party or one for an adult, a celebration of that person’s life and what they mean to us is a true gift in itself.  The question is: how to throw a birthday bash on a budget? See more at:                                                        
             
While I love to throw elaborate birthday parties for my kids, I don't love (nor am I able to) shell out the big bucks for them. We don't rent bounce houses or even order pizza for the whole gang, however, somehow I always manage to figure out a way to pull off a party that the kids are thrilled with and the parents are impressed by. And having just come off my daughter's birthday party last weekend, I think I've finally figured out the tricks that really make a party manageable, memorable, and affordable.

On Sunday we celebrated my husband’s 50th birthday. I was determined to make this a special day for him, even though he wasn’t in a mood for a party and we are on a budget.And I’m thrilled that I pulled off a nice party with our immediate family, and that Don really enjoyed the party in the end.

Turning 18 is a special time for any teen. Many are seniors in high school, looking forward to that critical step toward full-fledged adulthood, graduation.Choose the Best Birthday And for you as a parent, if your teen will be leaving home for college after graduation, your child's 18th birthday party may be her last one at home. As a result, you probably want to make her birthday celebration one of the best ever.Even if you are on a budget, a memorable 18th birthday party is not out of reach. Here are some tips on how to put together an inexpensive birthday party for an 18 year old.

Gone are the days when a sandwich, bowl of jelly and a game of pass-the-parcel were enough for a jolly children's party. Social media bragging and peer pressure have upped the ante.

From the invitations to the decorations, the cost of throwing a surprise party can easily get out of hand if you are not careful. However, that does not mean it is impossible to throw a surprise birthday on a tight budget. With careful planning, a little creativity and some help from friends and family there are lots of ways to cut the cost without cutting the fun

It took me a little while of internal struggle to figure out what to do in this situation. Do I want Hailey’s first birthday to be special and cute? Absolutely, but not at the cost of my sanity or the loss of our savings. And as with almost everything in babyland, I think you have to do what works best for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment